CircularBIM is an educational platform focused on advanced strategies for reinstalling construction materials in the industrial value chain to promote the transition to the circular economy through the use of BIM learning technologies.
The CircularBIM project main objectives are:
- Increase awareness about the circular economy in the construction sector.
- Teach to reduce the generation of waste from building materials.
- Reduce waste from the construction sector by reinstating it in the value chain.
- Provide information on the possibility of revaluation of each element.
- Free access to free software for consultation and use of techniques and methods of reusing construction materials, also in BIM format.
- Involve students and professionals in new technologies such as BIM applications.
There are also several Partners: Asociación Empresarial de Investigación Centro Tecnológico del Mármol, Piedra y Materiales (Spain), CYPE (Spain), Universitatea Transilvania din Brasov (Romenia), Asociatia Romania Green Building Council (Romenia), Centro Tecnologico da Ceramica e do Vidro (Portugal) and Universidade do Minho (Portugal).
Fruitful collaborations and joint learning ahead!