The admission requirements for students wishing to enrol in the Master Course are a degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or equivalent qualifications. Typically, students are expected to have a higher education degree with a minimum of 240 ECTS-credit points* or equivalent qualifications (this requirement becomes a MSc degree with 300 ECTS-credit points for all students whose mobility track includes POLIMI). Admission is made on a competitive basis; the students are assessed on the basis of their previous academic record.
Students who have not completed their Civil Engineering or Architecture or equivalent degree but predict to graduate before September 24, 2019, can apply to the Master course and receive a grant. If selected, their admission will be conditional on the receipt of the degree certificate by the MSc Secretariat before July 31, 2019 (European Commission grant holders) and September 24, 2019 (other applicants)
Upon application, students must provide:
- letter of motivation (between 1500 and 5000 characters (spaces included));
- detailed Curriculum Vitae (in European format (see instructions here));
- certificates and diplomas from previous universities studies;
- transcripts of records including grades and course syllabus from previous university studies;
- certificates of relevant work experience and other professional certificates, if any;
- two recommendation letters (see template here);
- proof of residence (issued within 12 months before the submission deadline).
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to have one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL certificate paper based (minimum score 525);
- TOEFL certificate internet based (minimum score 72);
- IELTS certificate (academic version, minimum score 6.5);
- other recognized language proficiency certificate.
The language proficiency certificate must be less than 3 years old.
If you cannot submit a proof of English language proficiency up to the deadline established for calls, your application will still be considered. In this case you are urged to provide the proof as soon as possible.
Admission is subjected to the approval of the BIM A+ Managing Board, and is based upon the applicant’s ability and motivation, recommendation letters and language skills.
*to be confirmed (at very high degree of confidence)